I know you are thinking, "She's one already?!" because the same thing is going through my head. Her first year has flown by. Lenna is such a happy, adventurous baby girl- I have loved watching her grow. She is very mobile- walking everywhere and tagging along with her big brother. She is a cuddler, especially when she first wakes up (she likes to dig her head into soft things). She hasn't said any words yet, but likes to make cute imitating noise and if she hears any type of music (from a song on my phone to someone singing a little diddy), she immediately starts to bob up and down. She loves to eat (though not currently- she's been fighting a stomach bug the last week that has thrown her (and the rest of us) for a loop). She prefers vegetables over fruit (maybe she's Aunt Maren's daughter....). Her hair stops people in their tracks and, though I wish I were better at taming it, I also love the unruly curls that frame her face. She is a delight to us all and is properly adored by everyone who sees her. Happy Birthday Ladybug!

My friend needed models for some work she was doing, she enlisted tons of little girls. Lenna was lucky enough to be one of them.

I have unmonogrammed pictures, but they were too big to put on the blog.

As mentioned above, poor Lenna Lou has been sick for over a week. Her birthday was Tuesday (March 20). We didn't celebrate much- but she did wear her awesome onesie made by her Aunt Jen. She hasn't been her perky self, which is sad since it was her birthday week!

On Saturday we celebrated her birthday. Before the party though, we had work to do! Aaron made a sand box for the kids. Daniel and Lenna had to help out of course...





She sported her birthday onesie again today- because it really needs to be worn as much as possible. Sorry about the red eye, my picture program makes me sad.

We had a small get together with family and it was really nice (we'll have a bigger party for both kids a two weeks when Daniel turns 3). Today was probably the grumpiest she's been all week (again sad!). I documented the grumpiness.

Opening up presents. She didn't last very long- luckily Daniel was willing to finish the job. :)

Grandma Julie made the cake and cupcakes. Aren't they amazing???

I thoroughly enjoy this picture. I love how focused she is on the cake.

She studied the cake for just a little bit...

And then decided it was good enough to eat (any food we can get her to eat this week is a good thing).


You can't tell, but she put one of Minnie's ears in her hair.

And, cue grumpiness.

Lenna was not the only one who enjoyed Grandma Julie's cake. Logan (our little nephew) actually sat still long enough to eat all the frosting and cream off his cupcake. :)

Daniel finished all over his and wanted more.

By 6:40 the birthday girl was spent and ready for bed after her semi grumpy but happy party. :)

Ok, here is what we've been up to the rest of the year (sorry 2011, you're too far gone). In February we went up to Pine Valley with the Kings and had a wonderful time.
Lenna did pretty well in the snow. Luckily she is light enough she didn't sink in.
I love Daniel and Cleo's face in this picture. It was so fun having the King's up there with us! I think Daniel and Nolan were in heaven being able to spend two days straight with each other.
The boy and his snowman.
Cute gals.
Cool shot of Lenna about to land on her tuckus.
This picture is included because it shows how much Lenna enjoys snuggling with anything soft- blankets, pillows, stuffed animals.... It's adorable.
I love this picture because he is so obviously having a blast in the snow.
Good gracious, I love those boys.
Melt your heart, right?
Just cute Lenna. These next pics are small. Lo siento.
I've been doing a joy school (not the official pay money for a curriculum one- just a little one we have fun doing and hopefully teach the kids at least a little).
Daniel has been very into imaginative play- which I love and try to encourage. But, it gets a little messy... Aaron is underneath all that stuff.
I think all the books here were different types of food.
This post was mainly for my sisters- who are probably the only ones who made it this far. If you are not one of them though, I hope you enjoyed it as well.
10 comments:
Hooray hooray for so many pictures! She was such an adorable birthday girl, though how sad for her it was a sick week. Julie's cakes and cupcakes really are amazing. I wish I could do that (or that she lived close so we could have fun cakes too; I'd pay her).
The sand box is SO fun! What a good husband you have. Daniel is getting so old. It's crazy to watch him turn into a little boy, via photos.
Also, Lenna is such a beautiful and vivacious little girl. I can't wait to see her on Thursday and re-acquaint myself with her personality.
Sisters can make it through anything :)
I loved the pictures (I also loved that 2011 was a lost cause -- way to cut your losses)
The party seemed like a lot of fun. I now want a cupcake.
And how fun to have a sandbox.
Also, it is true that I cannot believe Lenna is one. She is beautiful, though. That very first picture of her is delightful.
And yay for snow days! It looks like quite the adventure, but both kids seemed to enjoy it.
Excellent post
Grandmas get a charge out of these posts, too! Jessica did an amazing job with those photos. Lenna, I'm sure, is the cutest subject EVER! I do hope she gets better soon. Tomorrow would be nice. The PV pics are so cute of Daniel and Lenna (and King kids), and I'm glad you document Joy School. Fun memories for your kids and family!
I guess I count as a sister because I made it through the whole thing ;)
Can't wait to meet cute Lenna! And see you guys! I guess it'll be Friday after you've gotten some rest. Good luck traveling!
Not only sisters.
On another note, I'm in shock she is one. She is dang beautiful though. Especially the first pic. Love it!
Fun picture update. Keep it up.
jj
Dear Lupe,
Your daughter is gorgeous. I also love her curly hair. It's crazy that she's walking. And Daniel is so cute, with his cheesy smile. Kudos to you and Aaron for having good genes. And your daughter liking vegetables isn't a bad thing, I guess, but it is a bit reminiscent of Maren. :P Heh heh.
Hey, what's bad about being like me?!!! :) Those pictures of Lenna are beautiful! She is looking so old. It will be fun to be down there for the summer and have the cousins play together!
I agree with Diane, grandma's can make it through too, and I will most likely go through it more than once!
It was great to be there with the kids on their birthdays. Lenna is such a cute lovable little girl, I loved all the cuddles! And Daniel, what an imagination, he is so much like Aaron! We had a great time while mom, dad and Lenna were on the East Coast.
I agree with Diane, grandma's can make it through too, and I will most likely go through it more than once!
It was great to be there with the kids on their birthdays. Lenna is such a cute lovable little girl, I loved all the cuddles! And Daniel, what an imagination, he is so much like Aaron! We had a great time while mom, dad and Lenna were on the East Coast.
Post a Comment