Thursday, September 13, 2012

Well well well if it ain't that Somerhalder chick

It has been a while and I must say I don't quite know where to start. To quote my good friend Julie A, we'll start at the beginning. Beginning of the summer at least. 
Holy farts! It's been such a long time since I've blogged that the new photo thing and setup totally caught me by surprise. I'm not sure if I like it better. Probably so.
Anyways, we went to see Thomas the Train back in April (I know, not summer but it's just one picture and Daniel loved it). We got to ride on Thomas- well one of the cars Thomas pulled. The train actually broke down and our ride was extended from 15 minutes to an hour, but we got to look around more and talk to the cute train conductor man. 

 Daniel went to a superhero party in May and dressed up as a super fireman. He loved it.
 This has been a lot of our summer. He LOVES to take his mattress off and slide on it, hide under it, make forts out of it, jump off the bed onto it....
 The mattress gym has been going since May and there have been no serious injuries- I know, amazing right.
 Look at their faces, there's no way I can stop it. 
 My friend Megan and I ran the Devil Dash mid may. It's a 3K sort of mud run- not too much mud and lots of running in the desert still really fun. There were lots of obstacles that were pretty cool and challenging. Lots of people dressed up. We were more subdued (sp?) and actually kept our bodies covered. 


 The water was freezing and smelled like manure.

 At the end, you jumped into a "blood bath" and our white shirts were white no more.
 Also in May we took a trip to Pine Valley (ahhhh how I love that place). The Kings were there for a few days too so here are their adorable kids. 


 We kept Nolan when Megan went home and we had all sorts of fun.
 Picnicking by the river.
 So doesn't this picture look like its an alligator? When I first saw it- I was like we went to the zoo??
 Good gracious
 Everyone got in the river eventually (it was cold!).
 Lenna loved the mud.
 Daniel was surprisingly daring which is so not like him.
On to June. 
We blew up the pool (one of many) and the kids had a blast.
One Saturday we went up to Redrock and did a little day hike.  
 Daniel was the hiking champ. He's got "good hiking legs."
 Some nice people took a picture of all of us.

Father's Day

 
 We went out to California at the end of June. It was not long before we made it to a fire station. (It was Uncle Sam's last day). 
 Seriously.

 They got to hold the fire hose- though Daniel was a little timid at first.
 Lenna of course wanted a turn.
 I have a feeling he might be a fireman one day.
 Rolling up the fire hose. 
 Happy grandparents
One day we went to the Santa Cruz boardwalk.
 Daniel immediately started playing in the sand.
 As did Lenna
 There were fair type rides there. Daniel got on this one first- the helicopters flew around and up and the rider could control the ascent and descent. Daniel's jerked up and down and freaked him out thoroughly and no more rides after that. 
 Lenna was agreeable to try to a few. Though this one got me a little sick- pathetic no?
 Cute Daddy's girl.
 We made it back to the beach for lunch. Lenna loved the holes and just kept getting in and out over and over. 
  Daniel got in a better mood. 
 Lenna was a little scared of the waves. 
 Daniel did ok in the water- definitely not more than knee deep.

 Told you, loved the holes.
 Carousel with Grandma Julie

 Back at Grandma's house. Happy Birthday America!

 My favorite boys.

6 comments:

Jenae said...

Cute family! I can't believe how much you got accomplished this summer on top of everything else that you do!

jj

Jen said...

Heh, I like your title. Also, since when has Vegas done such fun marathons? Totally cool.

The kids are so cute doing all your fun summer things. You're right, the bed-jumping faces are especially precious. Man. I especially enjoy that now that it's only been a month since I last saw them, I can again match their personalities with their adorable smiles. Lenna on the firetruck is too cute. As is Daniel at Thomas . . . with his so cute shaggy hair. Aw, I missed that.

Whitney said...

Cute! It looks like a very fun summer.

The Pine Valley pictures made me feel very nostalgic.

I think that jumping on the bed picture is delightful. You should blow it up and frame it as the essence of childhood.

And finally, the beach pictures were great -- it looked like a blast, and Lenna smiling in those holes was so adorable.

Maggie said...

Fun times! I know how you feel about long time, no blog. ;)

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

Thanks for the very fun updates and pictures! I love Lenna's curly pigtails and Daniels fantastic smile. Very fun. I'm glad the chick is back.

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so adorable! And bravo on the mud run. The water part looked so fun. Heh heh.