Sunday, March 17, 2013

Opinions wanted

First, has anyone attempted to blog from their phone?? If so, have you been successful? Tell me your secrets! If not, commiserate with my frustration! (not that I'm that frustrated, I've only been trying for no more than 20 minutes, but I feel it should be easier...) Second, what do people think of the name Percy? Like, as in naming a child Percy (a boy child mind you- not that we are finding out what we are having, but I keep going through name options in my head and Percy keeps popping in there but then I can't quite swallow it either). And just Percy. I couldn't do Percival and Perseus is actually really cool but only if you're a Greek hero. Please be honest. I appreciate your opinions and my reaction to what you say helps me know how much I like the name. Third, have you ever kept burping up the most nauseating thing and it makes you think "why the crap did I eat that!?" That's all.

10 comments:

Jen said...

Heh, this brain dump is absolutely hilarious. I have not blogged via my phone. Fortunately. I also hate when burps taste icky. And the name Percy is really cute! What middle name would you do? Because that whole name is quite a mouthful, but I do think that's a really cute boy name. Well played.

Unknown said...

I also enjoy your brain dump. I think the name Percy could be cool depending on the kid. There's a kid in my ward: nice, good looking, athletic, seems like a good kid named Percy. I think he's either 14 or 15. On him, the name Percy is awesome because he's an awesome kid. However, if you're a basement dwelling dungeons and dragons master named Percy then you're in trouble. You seem to have some cute and awesome kids so I think it could work. I didn't know you were pregnant though! Congrats. When are you due?

Megan said...

I love that you don't post in like 4 months and then it's a post like this... hilarious!

And um yeah, I'm with Ariane... didn't know you were pregnant. Congrats!!

So if you want total honestly on the Percy thing... my first thought was of Percy Weasly on Harry Potter. And I never quite got past that. :-) BUT like Ariane said, it could be a good name on the right kid. Good luck!

Loupe and Aaron said...

I agree Percy could be so weird (especially if he is the Percy Weasly type- how awful would that be!). What if he would be a Percy Jackson though? So cool (I know, I'm a dork). If only we knew the type of kid they would be ten years in the future. :) Oh, and I'm due August 2.

Loupe and Aaron said...

I agree Percy could be so weird (especially if he is the Percy Weasly type- how awful would that be!). What if he would be a Percy Jackson though? So cool (I know, I'm a dork). If only we knew the type of kid they would be ten years in the future. :) Oh, and I'm due August 2.

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

Percy is a somewhat femmy name to me. Of course Sir Percy Blakeney is awesome.

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

Percy is a somewhat femmy name to me. Of course Sir Percy Blakeney is awesome.

Whitney said...

Heh. This was a delightful post.

I'm with Ariane and Megan -- I think Percy needs a great kid to pull it off. (similar name you have probably already considered: Quincey)And of course, you would only have a cool kid; I vote go for it.

Lara said...

Of course you are going to have a cool kid! I love it! Also, I love Sir Percy Blakeney! Way to go, Diane for bringing him to the table!! :)

Maren and Rik said...

I like Percy. I think it's a fun and different name. The middle name seems like it will be a little tricky though. I will often think of Percy Jackson though, which is ok I think. I liked that name before :) I'm excited for you guys to find out! Way to have patience :)