Sunday, March 21, 2010

The happenings of Daniel

Well, the Australia post is just going to have to wait (or be postponed indefinitely). Life has gone on and I know most of you would rather hear about our adorable child. Here are some pics. I am trying to be less wordy, because I take so much time getting a post out that I end up not even trying to write. See! I'm doing it already.

We went out to California to visit Aaron's family. It was so fun! Daniel was just barely getting over being sick (he was pretty sick too- he took long naps, was really subdued and wanted to cuddle all the time. When he did sleep it sounded awful like he was going to choke at any moment. I gave him breathing treatments and that seemed to help, but mainly we just had to wait it out), but he did a lot better than I thought he would. This was the first time he has ever fallen asleep in a high chair (which makes sense if you know how much he likes eating and how much he dislikes sleeping).
Aaron and Daniel and Grandpa Somerhalder's tractor (correction- three wheeler: Aaron scoffed at me when he saw I wrote tractor).

We also went to Pine Valley (we Somerhalders like to travel) . And it was wonderful (think of angels singing). I was able to relax (which was nice, since the Sunday we were up there I was called as primary president- which has been good actually). Doesn't it just calm your soul?

He was actually crying in this picture.

In Grandma Ripplinger's old wooden high chair.

I LOVE this picture.And this one.

And this one.
And this one. Do you sense the theme?
Crazy hair. He had been taking to sticking his tongue out. He doesn't do it so often now. :(What a handsome family! Notice Daniel's adorable shoes- they were perfect for the snow.Daniel's first official hair cut. It was NOT a happy time. These are not in chronogical order either just so you know.
Adorable outfit. You can kind of tell from this picture, but Daniel is walking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This isn't me just being a proud mama about my kid walking, this is a desperate mama who needed her kid to be mobile so he would be happy. It took him 10 months to start crawling and just 1 month later to start walking. Honestly, it is wonderful. (I almost started crying when he first started walking- true story.)

My goodness I make cute babies. ;)
This is our happy orchid that has bloomed three times now. I love spring!!! That's all.

8 comments:

Kerstin said...

Daniel is so cute!! I love the pictures!

Lara said...

Oh my goodness! Daniel is so dang adorable! I love the picture with his tounge sticking out. You are definitely a handsome family! Loved ALL the pictures. :)

Maggie said...

Nice update :) Cute family! What! Primary President? That sounds like a plate-full! How's it going?

Loupe and Aaron said...

Being president has been good- it stresses me out a little bit, but I have a wonderful presidency. And, I truly love being in primary- if I didn't have the responsibility, it would be the perfect calling. ;)

Jen said...

Bah! He's adorable! I cannot wait to see him. He looks so cute and tiny in that barber's chair. And all the Pine Valley pictures, you're right--he really is so cute. As are his parents.

That picture of Pine Valley snow really is gorgeous.

Stacy and Ben said...

Pretty sure our kid better be a little bit cute to steal some attention from Daniel, because he is just TOO cute!!! And we know he loves attention!!!

Maren and Rik said...

Those snow pictures are so cute! He is so cute!

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

PV snow is so peaceful; I'm glad you got some serenity for a little bit! Daniel is such a beautiful baby; good thing, too. Hallelujah for him walking so soon and being mobile!!!! I love his new little stable/unstable walk; such a precious time. You are so blessed!! And you'll be an outstanding Primary President because you love and enjoy kids.
Enjoy this journey.