Tuesday, January 25, 2011

As promised

Here are some pictures! The rest of the year has been pretty uneventful: holidays, work, church, and an enlarging Lindsay. I am struggling to get all of the Christmas pictures off, but here is some of what we've been doing. I think there are also pictures from our trip to the Grand Canyon (which was amazing by the way!). I am scared our camera is going to eat our pictures (it did to a few pictures I took for primary and it about shattered my sense of well being). But, enough chit-chat, here are the pics:

Decorating the Christmas tree. The first few ornaments were all Santa's. Daniel decided that all ornaments were santas, so for the rest of the night, every time he got an ornament it would be, "Santa, santa." (think of the "Fanta, Fanta" song from that commercial a few years ago)
Daniel did pretty well with the tree (we put only child friendly ornaments on his level). Mainly, he loved the lights. He would try and unscrew them after seeing Aaron work on them initially. He had more success getting them undone with the big bulbs outside that were on our fence.
Just a pregnant shot of Lindsay. I am about 8 times that size now. I seem to have exploded in the last 2 months.
After we finished decorating the Christmas tree. This is an example of what our dang camera card or computer or whatever evil force is working against us does (see the white fuzzy on the bottom). <: ( I will say though, that our house was very cute and festive for Christmas. In the middle of December, we went out to California to celebrate Christmas early with the Somerhalder's. Everyone was there and we were able to stay for a week! We had a wonderful time. One of the nights we went to the Oakland temple to see the lights. Daniel LOVED Christmas lights (even before this). Everywhere we went, he would find the lights and say, "pretty?!" Since he was able to run around the temple grounds and look at all the pretties, he was in Daniel heaven. He literally ran everywhere saying, "pretty, pretty, pretty."
Family picture with the temple behind us.
Grandpa Somerhalder was so good to push him around in that car (I think they both loved it, though Grandpa got tired of it a little quicker than Daniel). ;)

He helped divvy out all the presents (he loves to help in general).Daniel with his loot. He made out like a bandit.
Daniel opening up one of his gifts. He only needed a little bit of help.
In fact, Daniel helped everyone open their presents. Here he is giving vital assistance to Uncle Sam.
Daniel helping Grandpa.
I got cute little girl clothes!!! I am very excited to be able to get and buy so many pretty girlie things!!
Daniel got a pillow pal from Aaron's cousin Tiffany's son (that is a mouthful!). He loved it then and still loves it now (he sleeps on it in his crib).
So, after I was done saying "Cute!!" every time I got an adorable new girl outfit, Daniel started saying the same thing. He would hold up each dress and say, "Cute!" It was so, well, cute. :)
Uncle Sam gave him this cute fire fighter sweatshirt. It may have to wait until next winter, but it was still adorable on him.

Ok ,now we shall rewind to Halloween. We all had a wonderful time, and Daniel was absolutely adorable as a garden gnome. I love this shot because you can see his fantastic suspenders! My mom made his costume, and it really was the cutest thing you ever did see. Daniel playing in a wagon at a birthday party (don't you worry, he got his own wagon for Christmas).
Daniel and I (I was a gardener).What a handsome family.
I love this picture because he looks like one of the decorations.
Most of you have already seen this picture, but it had to be shown again. :)
The cousins at the trunk o treat our church did the night before Halloween.
Keeping with tradition, here are pictures of our pumpkins. We tried to get Daniel to at least stick his hand in a pumpkin to touch the seeds, but he straight up refused. Aaron ended up cleaning out and carving his as a normal jack-o-lantern. This one is Aaron's bat.
My pumpkin (I must say, I was proud).
Daniel and Weston next to some of my mom's Halloween decorations.

Well, that's all for now. Hopefully I can extract the rest of my pictures, but I make no promises (though I really do hope I can, because that would be sad if they all get massacred). Tah tah!

7 comments:

Nana Laurie said...

He looks so cute in his costume.

Megan said...

Oh my gosh! The garden gnome is the cutest/funniest costume ever! He looks adorable!

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

Thanks for the very fun Halloween, Christmas update! His growing vocabulary is very impressive and oh-so-cute!! He's one of the smartest babies EVER!!!

Lara said...

LOVE IT!!! Yes, Daniel seriously makes the CUTEST little garden gnome!! Love the Christmas pics too - thanks for posting!

Jen said...

Aw, your house always looks so nice at Christmas. How cute he called the ornaments Santas. He's getting so big! Sad for me, nice for you. And I love that he likes to help--what a nice habit.

Anonymous said...

Okay there was a lot of pictures I wanted to comment on, but I kinda forgot! I do remember that Daniel's gnome outfit was ADORABLE and very creative! And your pumpkin carving skills are awesome!

Julie Somerhalder said...

I love having conversations with Daniel. He is so smart, but that was expected! He was so cute handing out all the Christmas gifts.

He kept talking to me about "Sam's fire truck" when I was in LV the end of January. We will have to make sure he goes to see Grandpa or Sam's fire truck when you guys come for the wedding!