Wednesday, March 30, 2011

World, Lenna. Lenna, world.

This post is mainly pictures and done very quickly, so I apologize for any typos or misspellings or generalized confusion.

39 weeks in my scrubs. We all thought there was no way I would make it to 40 weeks and yet I delivered past my due date (March 19th) and even then we had to nudge her along. I went into the hospital March 20th at 8am and they broke my water at 9. It was a good delivery all together. If you want details, give my a shout.

Taken the day before we went into the hospital. I know, I'm lovely. I always forget how ginormous my face gets. Me during a contraction. I took deep breaths and found my happy place (which happened to be the Chinese gardens we went to in Australia). The last 1 1/2h my contractions hurt a decent amount, but they were doable. The 15 minutes of pushing and the "ring of fire" were unbearable and extremely painful. Thank goodness it was only 15 minutes!
Right after they put her on my belly! What a feeling!!!!!!!


4:01 pm. 6lb 13oz. 19in (though they measured wrong because at the pediatricians office two days later she was 20 1/4in).
With my OB. He was the first one to actually take a picture with her once they got her all swaddled.

Maren took this picture, she's being all artsy.




Daniel wouldn't get on the bed with all of us, so this is as close as we got.

Sorry, scandelous shot, but I really like it, so avert your eyes if you want. :)
First bath at home. You can't tell but her hair was crazy all over the place in the next picture.


Daniel has warmed up to her and is actually really sweet. He likes to help me burp her, which actually works, I just have to keep a close eye. :)



Isn't she beautiful?!!!!




10 comments:

Kerstin said...

She is beautiful! Congrats!

Leanne said...

so sweet. maren told me you had her. i'm so glad you posted pictures. look at all that hair! she is totally a ripplinger. :) oh and i LOVE her name!!! way to go natural lindsay!!

Jen said...

Heh, I love the title. And all the pictures! Even though I met her, I love looking at the pictures. They're all so sweet. What a cute family. And the "scandalous" one really is great.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you posted pictures; you have a beautiful family & Lenna is absolutely adorable looking. Congratulations!!!

Nana Laurie said...

She's gorgeous and you are so cute when you are pregnant! I love all the hair she has. Congratulations and love. ♥

Maggie said...

Awwwe! Lenna is beautiful, and she looks older than she is because of her gorgeous hair.
Matt was asking what the "ring of fire" was all about. So I tried to remind him of my description...it feels like a belt around your belly getting pulled really tight by someone other than yourself. I know what you're talking about--mother talk.

Lara said...

Yes, she IS so beautiful!! I can't wait to hold and get to know her!! I love all the pictures! Thanks for posting. :)

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

I'm so happy she is here and you are both safe and healthy! Thanks for welcoming these sweet, beautiful, adorable little people into our lives!!

Maren and Rik said...

These pictures are so cute Loupe! She is so beautiful and you look so good!

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to meet her in person soon. :)