Sunday, June 19, 2011

What we've been up to...

This is a very long post, but it's mostly pictures. Life has been tediously hectic but also wonderful. We've traveled quite a bit and stayed stuck in our home quite a bit too. :) I'll just let the pictures do most of the talking.

Yes, there has been some sleeping (though not enough if you ask me). ;)
Daniel with Weston. They were playing peekaboo. Cute cousins.
Daniel with Nadine. Jen came for a visit around the time Lenna was born and it was absolutely wonderful having her here.

After a bath. (Most of these pictures are in chronological order). Lenna is 2 weeks here.
Grandma and Grandpa Pete!


Daniel 'holding' Lenna with Grandma Julie. It took some convincing to get him to even touch her. He's better about it now. I have to say "gentle with Lenna" quite a bit. She's really young here probably only a week.
He is a really good older brother.
I love this picture.
Throwing bread to the ducks at Veteran's Park out here in BC. It was our first outing as a family.
Daniel turned 2 in the beginning of April. Julie made his birthday cake and it was awesome! (It even tasted good!) Daniel has been on a bit of a monsters kick.
Blowing out his candle, which he never was able to manage.
Eating cake. He, of course, had no problems with that.
Opening presents. It was fun, all the kids that were there just swarmed around Daniel as he opened them. It honestly was like a feeding frenzy. :)
Playing with friends (all these kids in this pic are children of nurses I work with).
Alright, we also made a trip to Pine Valley over the Easter weekend. It was wonderful.
At the stream.
Lenna is in the sling. She did pretty well in it the first month and a half, but now she is too big and wants to wiggle.

Being Pine Valley, there was sleeping.
Daniel looking for Easter eggs. He still talks about his Easter egg hunt in Pine Valley.
Aaron also joined the hunt. An egg fell amiss into the wash near the cabin, so Aaron went to rescue it.
The happy hunter.
We spent the second half of Easter day driving back home to BC and had dinner with my folks. The chillins with Grandma Ripp.
Grandma and Grandpa Pete again! You would have thought we told them all to coordinate their clothes.
There was another Easter egg hunt at G and G Ripp's. Fun was had by all.
Next occasion, our ward had a second chance prom. Whitney wore this dress and I have always had dress envy, so I squeezed myself into it. I literally could not bend over!!
In may we flew out to California for Sam and Nadine's wedding (also frequently talked about by Daniel- "Sam and Nadine married. Cake mess?! (they rocked their wedding cake and smashed it in each other's faces)).
We went to visit Uncle Sam at work at the fire station. Daniel was in heaven! Here he is inside the fire truck.
He never kept the head phones on for very long, but he loved playing with the radio.
3 generations of firefighters.
Aaron and Daniel went to an A's game with some of the rest of the fam (I opted to stay home with the 6 week old oddly enough).
At the ring ceremony. What a fine looking man I married.
Lenna with Grandma Julie on Mother's Day.
The Monday we got back from Cali it hailed in Boulder. It was really cool. Daniel loved the ice falling from the sky and would even venture out to eat some of it.
An almost smiling picture of Lenna. I think we may have just missed it.
My boys wearing egg hats.
Lenna was blessed the first Sunday in June. My mom made her dress from my wedding dress. It was absolutely beautiful (it took a lot of convincing multiple times for her to cut up the fabric of my dress, but I am so glad she did!)
Getting her dress on.
The lady of the hour.
She really was so beautiful. And did well during her blessing (we wized up this time and made sure she had a pacifier [Daniel screamed the whole time during his blessing]).
Our good friends the Kings also blessed their baby Cleo that day. Cleo's dress was made by her great Grandma. She and Lenna and destined to be best friends!!
As you all know, it is just about impossible to get all 4 of us looking at the camera.


With Nana (my dad's mom). This may be where she gets her fabulous dark hair.
Four generation shot!!
This is Daniel and his cute friend Nolan.
Little panda bum. She has become quite the little smiler. This was taken at 10 weeks or so.
Snoozin with Aunt Whitney. This was last Sunday. She has grown so much! At her 2 month checkup she was in the 70-90% for her ht and 25-50% for her wt. Long and skinny. She's gonna be a volleyball player, she is, she is!
And goodnight!!

5 comments:

Nana Laurie said...

Julie told me about the blessing dress. I think that is an amazing and wonderful tradition!

Jen said...

YEA, so many pictures! I love them all. You look so great--I find it absolutely unfair I missed out on the skinny, bounce-back-from-pregnancy genes. Daniel's spiky hair in that one picture is so cute, and I love the cousin shots (I'm so glad Nadine got to meet Lenna). The egg hunt and Daniel's recollection of fun recent events is also so cute. And Lenna! Awww, beautiful little Lenna. Such cute smiles and chunkiness.

Maggie said...

awesome photos. i agree with Jen. what she said ;) and the second-chance prom dance sounds amusing. did you have a good time? that's impressive that you fit into a whitney dress post baby! no fair

Lara said...

I love the pictures! Lenna's blessing gown is GORGEOUS! I am so sad I wasn't able to see it in person.

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

Thanks or all the amazing pictures of your recent adventures in life. The fire truck shots are so cute! Lenna is so beautiful in her blessing dress! What a sweet little girl. I'm so happy for you and Aaron that you have these little people in your lives!