Saturday, July 2, 2011

Swimming and other fun

I know I only post about my children, but they are much more exciting than I am. I have no pictures of primary stuff and work, and that's pretty much my life outside of kids (oh! and occasionally exercise- we started doing p90x videos again). I am not one of those fabulous crafty people (you know who you are you sewers of blankets and cute clothing for your children), so you are all stuck with my adorable kids. Also sorry that I gush about them- I just can't help it!! Anyways, back to the actual post. We are so lucky to have a pool close by. We try and get in the water once a week (Daniel and I took swim lessons whilst I was pregnant and did pretty good in the water, but now he is showing signs of being scared). Lenna does pretty well too- a little blast to her cushy womb days. :)

In her cute swim suit.
A surprisingly good family picture.
Happy Dad and baby!
Aunt Stacy and Logan.
Even when Lenna got fully in the water, she was content. Granted, the water was probably 80 degrees, but still, I was proud of her. Maybe she'll have more of the Somerhalder swimming blood than her brother....
She was so content in fact, that she took a little nap. I'm telling ya, she was back in the womb!
So, Aaron has an old suit from when he was a little boy. On father's day we busted it out and put it on Daniel. He was so cute! And, so proud of wearing a handsome suit. (The boy loves to draw attention and be oohed and awed over). :)
We especially like the vest. Picture Daniel saying "spikey hair?!" for this pic.

Daniel "reading" to Lenna. It only lasted a few minutes, but I loved it. He LOVES books and often just reads to himself, though mainly he wants "mama do it."

Daniel is also on a huge Pooh and Sully kick. He brings them to the table to eat, changes their diapers, puts them on the couch, etc.... When he comes home, he'll say "Pooh (or Sully) miss me!" This he did all on his own. He just put them next to Lenna and started playing with all of them.
Smiles and a great onesie.
More smiles!
For our anniversary (8 years!) Aaron got me an Edible Arrangement. The man knows the key to my heart. Ahh fruit and chocolate. I ate almost all of it by the end of the day. :)
Lenna in her Bumbo seat. She gets a little flopsy after a few minutes, but she enjoys being able to see around her. Notice the fabulous sparkly shoes Papa and Carol (my grandpa and his wife) got her. Also notice her semi uncontrollable hair. It's getting longer!
Daniel reading to Sully and Pooh. I'm sad the picture turned out fuzzy. Pooh was sitting up but he fell down right before I took the shot (I had to be sneaky because if he sees me with the camera he wants to grab it and look at the pictures).

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hooray, I love pictures of your children! SO cute that Lenna fell asleep in the pool. I love it. And her cute swimsuit and her very fun smiles and bright outfits, and those shoes--awww!

Daniel in the adorable suit and his spiky hair is just too cute. Give him a compliment from his aunt. Those pictures of him with his stuffed buddies are so precious, especially the one of him reading to them. What cute kids. And a cute mom--you look great.

That Edible Arrangement made my stomach rumble.

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

Daniel reading to Pooh and Sully is so very, very precious! I love seeing their personalities emerge as they grow---like opening a wonderful gift, which is exactly what raising a child is all about. Little Lenna's smiles are so happy---I can't help but smile just looking at her! Thanks for the fun pics.

Maggie said...

What cute kids! I think Lenna looks like you. It's fun to see siblings interact. Fun stuff :)

Megan said...

I can't believe how dark Lenna's hair is (AND how much of it)! She's beautiful! I LOVE the pics of Daniel reading to his stuffed creatures and reading to Lenna too. What a cutie! Oh, and a little stud in his suit!! :-)