Sunday, April 5, 2009

Our New Arrival

I know that you don't care what I have to say and just want to see pictures of the handsome little guy, so I will keep this short. Daniel Aaron Somerhalder was born on April 4, 2009 and weighed in at a whopping 6 pounds 6.5 ounces and measuring 18 inches. His mother was a champ and delivered the little one with style. Many have remarked that she didn't even look like she had just delivered a baby. She just can't help but look beautiful. Daniel came out nice and pink and crying. He has been a very mild mannered baby since then and we hope that he stays that way. We've decided that he has his mother's nose and eyes and was blessed with his father's mouth and "finger" toes. Lindsay and I are both amazed be this little miracle that suddenly entered our lives. The love we felt toward him was immediate and indescribable. We are truly blessed to have our Heavenly Father trust us with one of his dear children. We look forward to learning together as we progress through this wonderful journey that is parenthood. We would also like to thank all of our family and friends that have been so supportive and loving over the years. I'm sure we will enlisting your wonderful help and advice along the way, cause' as they say, it takes a village. Enjoy the slide show I hope it works (this is my first attempt).

25 comments:

Nana Laurie said...

Beautiful! I am so happy for you both. Daniel has been blessed to be born into such a wonderful family.

Megan said...

Awww! Congratulations! He's SO cute! I LOVE the hair! :-) I can't wait to see him in person! Glad to hear all went well!

Kim said...

Congrats Linsday and Aaron! We are so excited for you. Can't wait to meet him.

Case said...

wow he looks perfect! that is just what our baby's hair looked like and about 4 months later it was all blond! but all three of you look great and i'm sooo excited for you! hopefully i can meet him someday!

Kerstin said...

Congrats!! He is adorable!

Lara said...

Congratulations, Lindsey and Aaron! He is beautiful (I know, not a very masculine word, but it's true). What a wonderful time in life! He is lucky to be born to such great parents. I can't wait to meet this new little one.

Robin said...

That is one HANDSOME baby! Congrats to a great Mom and Dad. Aaron, when did you get old enough to have a baby! I remember you when you were little. Now you are a DAD! Robin Kraucyk

Jen said...

I really am so excited to have such an adorable nephew. And sister who looks so cute right after giving birth.

Maggie said...

Thanks for sharing so soon :) What a cutie! We love you two! M&M

Maggie said...

I should have said three :)

Whitney said...

So cute! Thanks for the post. He does have great hair.

Jenae said...

Holy smokes. Way to go guys. That is one cute kid. I wish I lived closer. Next time we are in town we definately have to get together again so I can meet this little dude. Congrats guys!

Jenae

Unknown said...

Umm, maybe it's just my computer, but I can't see the pictures!!! I'm sure he's beautiful though - congratulations! I love the name too!

Jessica B Photography said...

Wow! Congratulations!! Well done!

Katie said...

He's so cute! I love all of that darling hair. Congratulations! I'm so happy everything worked out and everyone's healthy and looking great. Seriously, Lindsay, did you really just have a baby?

emma said...

Yay! What a darling baby! I'm so happy to hear that everything went well. You two will be awesome parents -- what a blessing to be born into such a great family! Thanks for the pictures. Keep us updated!

Ellsworth Family said...

Crongrats you guys, he is so handsom!!

Lehis said...

He is teeny weeny tiny!!! I am so glad it was a happy, healthy, delivery! There are no prouder moments. Enjoy all the wonderful things a newborn brings. Although you have the sleepless nights... the wonderful joy and overwhelming love Danny will bring completely outweighs it, as I'm sure you already know. Congrats guys!!!!

Grandma Schwitters said...

Congrats Aaron & Lindsay!!
He is a very Beautiful Baby! Can hardly wait to see him nest month. He reminds me of you Aaron. You were our first Grandchild and I was every bit as excited as your mother is to have her first Grandchild. He will bring you more Joy and Happiness than you could ever imagine.

CORDERMAN FAMILY said...

Congratulations, he is so precious. I can't believe all that hair.

Amy said...

so cute!!! He is beautiful and tiny!! (same size as lily was!!)! Congrats!! You all look great!

Jill said...

Congrats you guys! He is beautiful--so tiny and perfect! I linked to your blog from Brandi's and was so excited to see you had a new addition to your family!!! Best wishes in the months ahead! Congratulations!!!

Jessica B Photography said...

There are pictures on my blog for you to see!!

Maggie said...

How are you Somerhalders? Any new photos of your growing boy? Hope all is well :)
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Daniel IS adorable! And Lindsay did look beautiful in the pics, I only hope I look that good after delivering!

- Antonia