I know I have not posted in eons, and I apologize. I don't know how all you women with children do anything. I have only one and feel like I've accomplished something if I have showered that day. The only reason I am blogging now is because I'm at work, and I happen to be having a pretty good night (I hope I'm not jinxing myself). But I do promise to post something with pictures soon (withing the year- ;)).
Daniel is doing wonderful- he is such a chunk. He's almost already doubled his birth weight and he's only 2 1/2 months old. What can I say? He's like his mom- he lives to eat. Ü He doesn't sleep much during the day (like 30 min stretches here and there), which is also why I haven't posted and why I am posting at 2 in the morning. I was talking to a friend whose baby slept for two hour naps consistently during the day and I just giggled in that hysterical kind of way because I can't even imagine how beautiful that would be. BUT (and that's a big but) Daniel does sleep pretty well at night- about a 5-6h stretch and then goes back down right after, which is fabulous because if he did what he does during the day I would probably cry all the time.
Aaron is amazing. I don't know how I got so lucky to marry that man. He is a great dad. People at work always ask if I worry when I'm not there with the baby. I truly don't worry at all because I know Aaron's got it covered (don't get me wrong- I miss Daniel incredibly, but I know he's in good hands). In fact, I sometimes don't wake up at night when Daniel is crying because it's Aaron's "turn" and I know he will wake up. I do wake up if I know Aaron is not going to (I'm not the worst mom ever).
K I have to go work now. I promise pictures are coming.
2 comments:
Letting those father/son bonding moments happen without hovering makes you "best mom ever" material!
And if he's sleeping for those long stretches at night that's awesome.
Dang, I was hoping for pictures. I know it's only been a few weeks, but I need to see the chunkage! I am glad you've posted again, though.
Post a Comment