Sunday, August 9, 2009

"People like pictures"

The last few weeks have been rather uneventful, so I am struggling with the direction of this post. And so, I will take the easy way out and blog about Daniel (and really, what else would you like to hear?). Oh yeah! What I am talking about uneventful?? Aaron passed his PT boards!!!!! We are all so excited- even Daniel- he did an extra special toot when he found out. We went up to Pine Valley when Aaron took the test and had a wonderful time. We see deer fairly often, but we still get excited. This one had no trouble getting into my Grandma and Grandpa's garden.





This was a cute bath picture taken up in Pine ValleyAaron started working 4 weeks ago, which is nice, since money is nice, but it was also really nice having him around. That was a lot of nice's. We are the knights who say nice! Okay, sorry random thoughts. Anyways, it has been an adjustment with Aaron working and me working (only two nights, but still it is tough to leave the little guy). But, things are starting to slow down and we are getting into a little bit of a routine (if such a thing is possible with a baby). Daniel is getting older- 4 months last week. He had a special toot on his four month birthday as well. He wiggles all over the place, rolled over once but has yet to repeat the feat (he was fairly surprised when he did it), starting to eat cereal, and even went swimming. And he sleeps about 10-11 hours during the night (can I get a Hallelujah!). Enough of the ramblings, here are pictures.

Daniel on his side and with his hands in his mouth (I think he is starting to get a little bit to the teething stage). I know, that onsie is a little tight, I have since retired it. If he had chest hair, it would be showing.







Here come a slew of swimming pictures (I considered cutting a few, but as Aaron reminded me- people like pictures.) This is his swimming outfit. He is the Ugly Betty of the swimming world.



He did really well in the water. He stayed in with Aaron for about 30 minutes.

Isn't his hair out of control??? There is not much I can do about it- or that's what I tell myself at least. And, besides, I love it. His pose here is fantastic.




He and Aaron were so cute. He loves his Daddy.

Notice the hair again.Daniel eating for the first time. He usually does pretty well, though at this point he was saying, "Stop torturing me and give me a bottle!!!"We had a video of him rolling over, but it is MIA. sad.

We took family pictures today just for kicks (we were all dressed up, so why not?)

I just love this picture. He looks so old!!

7 comments:

Jessica B Photography said...

Lindsay, he's so handsome!

Congrats on starting work Aaron! (If that's a thing to congratulate for, since being at home with your family is so much better...)

Jen said...

Heh, that post is hilarious, and awesomely full of pictures. "He did an extra special toot . . . " Love it.

Yea for Aaron passing his test and getting a job, and good job deer in Pine Valley getting through grandpa's fence.

And an Ugly Betty shotout! Yippee. Daniel's swimming outfit is great, and I'm so proud you guys protected him from the sun. If not from his cool Gollum hair.

He really is quite adorable.

Julie Somerhalder said...

I love the family picture and the last picture of Lindsay and Daniel is adorable! I hope you find that missing video of Daniel rolling over. The look on his face is priceless!

Maggie said...

Tis true, "people like pictures." Thanks for sharing your cutie with us :) Congratulations Aaron! Doesn't it feel good?! I'm jealous of the pool time and the Pine Valley trip. Good times! We're looking forward to seeing you this winter! Love ya!
Maggie (and Matt ;)

Whitney said...

People DO like pictures. Cute little baby. I love his hair (and that skirt you're wearing in the last pictures--well played Loupe).

Nana Laurie said...

Congratulations to Aaron and Daniel! And you to because I hear from Daniel's grandma that you are pretty terrific in the mommy department!

ryan-becky said...

We have that same orange onsie for Davin. Babiesrus?