Friday, July 11, 2008

Camping in Mt. Charleston and traversing Valley of Fire






As time moves forward I am moving backward, seeing as I have so many pictures and I need to let the world experience them. So here are pics from camping in Mt Charleston with Maren and Ricky (it's amazing that place is only an hours drive from Las Vegas). We made the most delicious peach cobbler. I must say we were proud of ourselves. Maren and I were just talking saying how we need to make more. Aaron and Ricky jumped/slid down that rather large chunk of snow. There was a rather large fellow who thought about it. Cute hiking buddies. These other pictures are from April when Phillip and Julie visited us. We went to Valley of Fire and it was actually pretty (my memories are of a hot, hot boring place). Yes, we are climbing an elephant- the coolest part of the trip. Yes, I am wearing flip flops. At times I am ill prepared. I included this pic because Aaron went off hiking for like an hour, leaving me at the bottom starting to simmer until I sucked it up and went looking for him.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

HA! You ARE climbing an elephant in flip flops. I'm so proud! (It looks tough)

And I think that one of you sitting all alone on the rock is my favorite. You just look so Lindsay-like.

Loupe and Aaron said...

I know! It is a great picture. Aaron wanted me to clarify that I was only waiting for 20 min. Ü